Dr. Adam Dorsay, licensed psychologist and certified executive coach, specializes in assisting high-achievers deal with issues in their relationships, stress, anxiety, and becoming more happy and fulfilled.
Time Stamped Show Notes
[00:05] Adam, thank you for being on the show today!
- 00:40 What’s Adam’s background and how did he get into this? Adam talks about positive psychology and how to go far north of neutral when it comes to being happy.
- 04:15 After Adam talks about his experience with torture survivors, Elliot asks him to elaborate on methods to protect himself as he is helping people through their stories.
- 07:39 The companies Adam supports with his resiliency program and what benefits it has when companies actually put a value on their employees mental health.
[10:56] What themes does Adam see in high performance individuals that approach him for therapy and how does he work with them?
- 16:38 Are there any common types of issues that hold high performance individuals back?
- 22:30 How does Adam make people comfortable working on their emotions and start working on this part of their lives?
[27:03] Adam’s plans moving forward besides the podcast, his resiliency program and therapy.
Key Learning Points…
- What doesn’t kill you can also make you weaker if you can’t cope with it.
- You have to name it to tame it. You have to feel it to heal it.
- Overblown strength can become a weakness.
Adam’s Website: https://dradamdorsay.com
- Adam’s Phone Number: (408) 758-6382