Marla Mattenson & Julian Colker, known as the Intimacy Experts, teach couples in business together how to grow their companies without sacrificing the quality of their relationship.
Having been featured in The New York Times, Forbes, Oprah, NBC, ABC, CBS, this powerhouse couple is co-creating a world where full expression, heartfelt appreciation, and wild play are the backbone of success in business and life.
In this episode, Marla and Julian join the show to discuss the power of play and why any high-performer who neglects their relationships will grow to regret it very quickly.
Time Stamped Show Notes
[01:23] Welcome To The Show…
- 2:24 How your intimate relationships affect you as a high-performer.
- 3:19 The entrepreneur mindset + relationships = chaos. This is how Marla and Julien help turn that chaos into something special.
- 5:38 How Marla’s intellectual understanding turned into experiential understanding when Julien left his career to join the business.
- 8:36 The pressure to be perfect when you’re a couple in business together teaching other couples how to thrive in business together.
[12:42] Can couples have both a successful business and a successful relationship?
- 13:17 The three major conflicts of any relationship.
- 14:04 What you must understand about yourself before you can do anything to improve your relationship.
- 17:53 One mindset that will absolutely block your success if you continue to hold on to it.
[18:54] The power of play for thriving relationships
- 19:04 What is play?
- 20:18 The three types of play for those in a relationship.
- 23:02 What to do if you think play is lame, silly, or stupid.
- 25:45 Why you should work on your relationship before you think you “need” to.
3 Key Points
- You Don’t Have To Be Perfect: Many high-performers feel that they can show no weaknesses or mistakes if they are to be viewed as an authority in their industry. The truth is, that failure is our best teacher, and when you model this type of growth you’re showing the world your true authority.
- Take Responsibility For Your Success: High-performers don’t let things happen to them, they take responsibility for their success by discovering what they have control over, and taking decisive action in those areas. To truly be excellent you must break through your victim mentality.
- Play Is The Antidote To Stress: Most adults have forgotten how to play. Stress and high-performance go hand-in-hand, and learning how to play is the key to managing that stress in a healthy and beneficial way. When you can learn how to value the unpredictable in your relationships and business, that’s when play has a space to come in.
- The Intimacy Experts Website:
- The Lovers Play Course:
- Follow Marla and Julian on Instagram
- Primed Mind – Elliot’s Mindset Coaching App