Do you struggle with sleep? You won’t want to miss this episode of the Primed Mind Podcast.
When it comes to high performance, quality sleep is perhaps the most crucial component to your day-to-day success. Everyone knows that not getting enough of it drains your cognitive functions, your energy levels, and your health…
But knowing facts isn’t enough! Due to lifestyle habits of modern living, many people find quality sleep to be elusive.
What’s the secret to a good night’s rest?
Well, there are a lot of ingredients that go into making a solid sleep schedule… And the good news is that sleep is a skill you can learn!
Our guest for this episode is Mollie McGlocklin, founder of Sleep Is A Skill, a company that teaches people how to get to sleep, stay asleep, and wake up ready for high performance, using a combination of behavioral changes, accountability, and technology.
You, too, can learn how to get a good night’s sleep! Inside this episode, Mollie shares some practical tips and tools you can start using today to improve the quality and quantity of your rest.
Time Stamped Show Notes
[00:00:00] Welcome to this week’s episode with Mollie McGlocklin
- [00:01:40] A former insomnia sufferer becomes a sleep expert!
- [00:04:37] Learning the skill of sleep
[00:06:19] Not getting enough sleep? Mollie has some easy tips you can start using today…
- [00:11:13] Artificial light is no match for the sun when it comes to sleep/wake health!
- [00:16:11] What role does temperature play in restfulness?
- [00:19:51] Your glucose level and its impact on your sleep…
[00:21:26] Gamify your sleep health with technology!
- [00:23:17] What if you wake up during the night? How to help snoring and sleep apnea…
- [00:28:56] Getting the perfect amount of QUALITY sleep every night…
[00:31:13] How can you find out more about Mollie and Sleep Is A Skill?
[00:33:33] Wrap-up—thanks for checking out this episode of the Primed Mind Podcast!
3 Key Points
- In today’s world of electronics and artificial lighting, sleep has become a skill. The good news is you can learn how to get more restful sleep! Sunlight, temperature, and what you eat for dinner all play a role in sleep quality.
- Get your cortisol pumping (in the right way) by making sure you get a good helping of outdoor lighting, even on cloudy days. Full-spectrum light affects your hormones, especially the ones that help you sleep and wake up, and your body is built for that daily dose.
- What’s the right amount of rest? Well, it turns out that quality of sleep is more important than quantity… If you struggle with sleep apnea, snoring, or waking up several times throughout the night, you’ll want to focus on fixing that first. But as the experts say you want to aim for 7 to 9 hours of QUALITY rest.