The Primed Mind Podcast, including any references, guest statements, links, or other knowledge resources, is for informational purposes only. This podcast does not provide any medical or professional advice. Please speak to your doctor before starting any new fitness or diet routine or before consuming any supplements.
Dr. Amy Killen is an anti-aging and regenerative medicine physician specializing in “Sex and Skin.”
As an ER doctor with three young children at home (including twins!), and a husband working out of state, she found herself in a state of chronic stress.
After noticing similar stress patterns in her patients, she decided to pivot her practice to focus on performance, anti-aging, and longevity.
She joins the show to share her story of recovering from chronic stress and share her best tips for improving sexual health and optimizing for longevity.
Time Stamped Show Notes
[01:11] Welcome To The Show…
- 01:55 With three kids under 3, her husband working out of town, and the demands of being an ER doctor, stress reaches a boiling point for Amy.
- 03:09 The pattern of stressed-out patients combined with Amy’s personal stress causes her to search for a solution.
[04:56] Amy begins her Integrative Medicine practice and anti-aging clinic.
- 05:58 The current state of stem cells for anti-aging.
- 08:39 How improving sexual performance improves performance in all areas of your life.
- 09:43 The connection between sexual health and cognitive health.
- 10:19 How often should you be having sex to optimize the health benefits?
- 11:28 The connection between TOO MUCH sex and lowered immune function.
[13:01] Dr. Amy Killen’s best tips for longevity
- 13:22 The #1 mistake high-performers make that hurts both their current performance and longevity.
- 14:17 The most drastic changes Amy saw after leaving the ER.
- 17:18 The havoc that chronic stress wrecks on your hormones.
[18:51] The case for testosterone replacement therapy
- 20:48 The difference between testosterone replacement and taking steroids.
- 22:49 The importance of testosterone for women.
- 24:08 Which blood markers or most important to track for optimizing performance?
- 25:33 How to check your biological age, and what to do to “turn back the clock.”
- 29:41 Dr. Amy Killen’s Full Body Stem Cell Makeover
[31:47] Wrap-Up—Thanks For Checking Out This Episode Of The Primed Mind Podcast!
3 Key Points
- What Is High-Performance Costing You?: Many people approach a high-performance life in a volatile way. They feel that sacrificing sleep, health, and relationships is worth it in order to achieve success. The truth is, that mindset might not just be hurting you in the long term, it’s probably not optimal in the short term. Instead of looking at what you need to sacrifice to be successful, try to see how you can optimize your life in ways that improve yourself both in the future and the present.
- How You Show Up In Your Private Life Affects Your Professional Life: If you can set up your private life to be one of support, joy, and fulfillment, you’ll notice a significant trickle-down effect in your professional life. Investing in a happy home life not only leads to more satisfaction, but you’ll also notice improvements in your professional performance as well.
- The Long Game Of High-Performance: With rapidly improving medical technology and an enhanced understanding of how aging works, it’s expected that lifespans will increase significantly in the near future. A true high-performer understands the power of compound interest, and how the actions you take now have a profound effect on the quality of your life 10, 20, or 50 years from now. Respect your future self, and make decisions with their best interest in mind. You’ll thank yourself later!
- Dr. Amy’s Website:
- Docere Clinics Website:
- Follow Dr. Amy on Instagram:
- Follow Dr. Amy on Facebook:
- Follow Dr. Amy on Twitter:
- Primed Mind – Elliot’s Mindset Coaching App