Have you ever been told it’s not polite to talk about money?
From a young age, most of us are taught to avoid tough conversations around money and quickly develop limiting beliefs and misconceptions about finances that dramatically reduce our potential to generate wealth.
Brie Sodano is a personal finance expert who’s looking to change all of that. After hearing every limiting belief there is in her work as a stockbroker, she founded Sheep to Shark to help people reframe their relationship with money, allowing her clients to tap into their full earning potential.
In the episode, Elliot and Brie tackle many of the most common limiting money mindsets and give you strategies for breaking out of your financial comfort zone.
Time Stamped Show Notes
[01:04] Welcome To The Show…
- 01:38 The shift from stockbroker to personal finance coach.
- 02:38 Why what we’re taught about money doesn’t work in the real world.
- 05:22 What does it mean to choose abundance?
[06:40] Common Money Mindset Pitfalls
- 07:05 Are you worthy of financial success?
- 07:47 Stop feeling guilty for that trip to Mexico you took in 1995.
- 08:32 How downplaying your value holds you back from compound growth.
[10:28] First Steps To Take Control Of Your Finances
- 10:40 Reframing your perspective around student debt.
- 13:48 Discovering the root cause of your credit card debt.
- 15:18 How to learn to be comfortable with having money in your bank account (Yes, this is really a thing.)
- 18:38 Learning to push past your financial comfort zone.
[19:56] The Subconscious Barriers To Wealth
- 20:08 Overcoming your survival mechanisms in order to generate wealth.
- 21:20 What are your limiting beliefs about money?
- 22:45 How our mind tricks us to believe our false stories around money.
- 24:08 Are your “truths” about money too small for your income?
[29:45] Wrap-Up—Thanks For Checking Out This Episode Of The Primed Mind Podcast!
3 Key Points
- Don’t allow perfection to be the enemy of success. Whether it’s in business or as an employee, downplaying your value can have a massive impact on your long-term earning potential. Strive for excellence, and don’t be afraid to be proud of the value you’re creating.
- Understand your financial comfort zones. We are creatures of habit, and we get used to having a certain net worth. This puts us at risk to overspend when we are flush with cash, or if we have just paid off our debt. This is often the determining factor in your ability to earn income and generate wealth. If you want a breakthrough to the next level, you must address the root cause of your comfort zones.
- It’s easy to find evidence for any limiting belief. Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can or cannot, you’re right.” The same holds true for our limiting beliefs around money. If you think money is evil and rich people are bad, you’ll be drawn to examples of that being true. If you believe that money is a force for improving yourself in the world, you’ll see the abundance that is available in this world. Take some time to evaluate the stories you’re telling yourself about money, and you might just be surprised how they are holding you back.
- Website: Sheep To Shark
- Follow Brie on Facebook
- Follow Brie on Instagram
- Primed Mind – Elliot’s Mindset Coaching App